The Importance of Cyber Security
With a significant increase in digitizing business processes, cybersecurity services are now more important than ever. The total number of records compromised in 2020 exceeded 37 billion. There was a 141% increase compared to 2019. Furthermore, harmful and costly effects on the business can occur when data security is compromised. For example, a recent study found that the total amount paid by ransomware victims was estimated at $350m in 2020 while the estimated average per-incident ransom was $170,000.14. This is why a multilayered defense like cyber security is necessary to protect business data and prevent cyber-attacks for all of your networks, devices, and programs.
As a Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP), Fothion offers nonstop threat detection and response solutions to limit the damage an intruder has to infiltrate your network or computer system. Our cyber security experts block attacks before they damage your business. We serve as a go-to partner for our clients, delivering comprehensive cyber security services. We offer cyber security managed services 24 hours a day, seven days a week. By implementing cyber threat intelligence, our cyber security professionals can detect attacks on critical assets before they cause a data breach.
At Fothion, understanding if your existing detection and prevention systems are sufficient is important to us. We keep classified, and proprietary business materials out of the hands of unauthorized users. We can source, install, and support IT Security products while protecting your systems from any cyber-attacks. Receive on demand response recommendations from our cybersecurity experts to reduce the incident impact and prevent future attacks.
Cyber Security Assessment Services
Cyber Security Managed Services
Cyber Security Consulting Services
We aim to best align security policies and practices with your business objectives to advance your operational goals. We advise on strategy, implement solutions tailored to your specific industry, and manage security operations around the clock for your peace of mind. By partnering with experienced cybersecurity consultants, better manage cyber-attack risks.
Cyber security focuses on defending computers, servers, electronic systems, networks, and data from unauthorized access or criminal use. Since attackers utilize a larger range of tactics nowadays, malicious cyber-attacks are becoming much more sophisticated by damaging or making systems inaccessible. This is why there is a great importance in employing cyber security strategies that will ensure data confidentiality and integrity.
Common Types of Cyber Attacks
- Malware: Malicious software developed to harm or abuse programmable devices, services or networks. Examples of common malware are Trojan viruses, spyware, worms, and spyware. Malware typically infiltrates a system when a user clicks a suspicious link or email attachment that then installs risky software. As a result, certain components are affected and deem the system inoperable.
- Trojans: A type of malicious code or software that seems to be legitimate but has the ability to take control of your computer. Usually found in software applications, Trojans allow other malware to get inside your network. For example, when you launch the compromised program, the malware can spread to other files and damage your computer.
- Spyware: Oftentimes makes its way onto a device without the end user’s knowledge. Spyware infections invade the device, eavesdrop on your network’s users, and allow unauthorized third parties to track sensitive information. Credit cards, passwords, and financial information are commonly targeted.
- Viruses: Spread throughout the computer network and render files unusable. There is a potential for hardware damage once a virus is attached to a program, file, or document in some cyber security case scenarios. Common signs that your computer system is infected with a virus are an influx of pop-up windows appearing and frequent system crashes occurring.
- Worms: Identification of a network vulnerability initially occurs in order for a worm to easily spread from computer to computer without a host file or user action. Ultimately, there is an economic impact once the entire network is infected. In some cyber-attack instances, depletion of hard drive space can occur.
Enhance Your Cyber Security Management
Cyber threats are constantly evolving and becoming more sophisticated. For this reason, it’s important to protect your business and receive proper guidance from cyber security experts. We help you implement the appropriate security measures to mitigate common cyber threats. Our comprehensive data management and protection services are designed to fit a wide variety of solutions, technologies, industries, and budgets. We offer reliable network security monitoring 365 days out of the year.
Fothion incident strategies are implemented for quicker adaptation and response to cyber- attacks. We worry about securing your sensitive business information and preventing it from being exposed, copied, transmitted, stolen or used by people with unauthorized access. Partner with us to scale, innovate, and operate efficiently while we focus on strengthening your resilience against cyber threats. Grow your business confidently, with peace of mind